Tuesday, January 20, 2009

4 Weeks Old!

Oh my gosh, I'm so big!
Uh, how long are you going to have that black thing in my face??
As you know our first 4 weeks of life have not gone exactly as planned, but we are doing great anyway! Beginning with birth Mabry has shown us how...let's say stubborn, or strong-willed...she might be when she decided to let Mommy push for 3 hours. Then we got to see how, once again, strong she was the 2nd time around in hospital for 2 weeks. She has also been holding her head up and looking around since she was about a week old. Did I mention I think she's really strong? Maybe I think this because she can already hold her body up when she straigthens out her little legs on my lap for several seconds. Besides being a strong little thing, she's a noisy one too. I've never heard so many grunts and squeaks come from something so small and so cute. (I won't even mention her champion burps and toots - whoa.) We kicked her out of our room because she makes so many noises. Don't think I'm complaining about those cute little sounds though because that means she's not crying all night! Praise the Lord! I will brag on her and her sleeping. She only cries when she's hungry. Watch - tonight she'll prove me wrong. I hope not! The girl also makes some of the cutest and funniest faces. She's a big time stretcher and would think she was waking up from hibernation sometimes. Gracious.
So here are a couple pictures of some great expressions after 4 weeks of life.
This is pretty much her "normal" face when she's awake. Sorry it's not rotated...



Daddy just can't get enough kisses. Whiskers...



Oooo, the fan is way cool! Or maybe I'm holding my pretend microphone and performing for you...



Going for a walk. Doesn't she look like a little snowball?







4 comments:

  1. haha, I love the microphone picture:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the hair! And i thought Lily had a lot! She's so sweet, and I'm so glad you guys are home and healthy, Christi told me about having to go back to the hospital! You guys seemed to handle it very well! L.J. told Christi yesterday that Lily and Mabry could be friends! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! I love your family picture! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so sweet! I am so glad that she is feeling better too. God is good! :) Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete